Sunday, November 27, 2016

Movie Scoring System

   So I've gotten a few emails regarding how exactly my rating system for movies works. Whether I'm doing them in more of a critical viewpoint or a more popular perspective. Well i tend to believe its a mixture of the two. In the end it mostly comes down to how i feel about a movie, as in did i enjoy watching it. That's where the review pretty much starts. For instance a "terrible" movie can still receive a good review if its enjoyable. No one will ever call "Don't tell mom the babysitters dead" an excellent movie but I'll be damned if i don't enjoy the hell out of it. Its probably the movie I've seen the most in my life and I'm not even sure why. My point being just because something is dumb doesn't mean it cant get a good review from me,

   That being said i wont overlook if a movie totally sucks it up in the more critical areas as well. If the movie looks like garbage, the acting stiff or plodding or if the direction isn't where i think it should be i will have no problem calling it out and holding it against it. Also don't expect just because something is set up or hyped for the Academy Awards that means it will get its ass kissed here either. Critics notoriously sing the praises of movies that when viewed without that lens tend to be boring or not what people are told it will be, "The Witch" being an example of a movie many critics loved but as i watched it i found myself wondering what all the hype is about.

   Basically this all boils down to my rating system being based solely on how i myself enjoyed a movie. Yes some ratings when taken at number value will seem a bit weird, "Deer Hunter" and "The Nice Guys" are only half a point apart in my view after all, which is why its important to read the whole thing in order to know why it receives the rating it does. Guess i could have said that right from the start but hey content is content right? Anyone email me anymore questions to thedrizzle37@outlook.com and i'll reply post haste.

No comments:

Post a Comment